Aizawl: At least 75 people, including 49 foreigners, are currently stranded in Mizoram, a statement issued by a task group on migrant workers and stranded travellers said on Thursday.
Of the 75 stranded people, 21 are from Manipur, four from Odisha and one from Madhya Pradesh, the statement said.
Also Read: ‘Not for the faint-hearted’
It said that 49 foreigners are also currently stranded in the state. Of these, 47 people are from Myanmar and one each from the United States and Canada.
The statement also said that of the 14,401 stranded Mizoram residents, who have registered to return, 12,532 have returned to the state from different parts of the country and abroad till Thursday.
Altogether 75 people are on their way home, it said.
The statement further stated that about 1,869 people are yet to return to the state.
- Prince Charles warns of narrow window to face climate change
- PM Modi meets Indian COVID vaccine manufacturers; CEOs say his leadership key force in vaccination drive
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray, mother test positive for COVID-19
- China attempting to reduce India’s influence in Mynmar, SEA: CDS General Rawat
- Arunachal searching for unsung heroes of India’s freedom struggle
- Mizoram: 808 grams of Heroin seized, one arrested