Agartala: Another eight persons have tested positive taking the total tally of coronavirus to 1,402 with 301 active cases.
A total of 1675 samples were tested on Wednesday, of which eight persons tested positive. These includes three from West district, one each from North, South, Khowai, Gomati and Sepahijala district.
Taking to twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb wrote, “Out of 1675 samples tested for COVID-19, 8 people found #POSITIVE. All of them have travel history.
The count includes: West District: 3, Khowai, South, North, Gomati and Sepahijala District 1 each. #TripuraCOVID19Count”.
Earlier on Wednesday evening, state law minister Ratan Lal Nath said at present, 293 persons are undergoing treatment in different COVID care centres in the state, while 1,093 persons have been discharged after they recovered from the virus.
A total of 50,580 persons were placed under surveillance, out of which 44,419 persons were released after completion of 14 days’ observation period. Presently there are 341 persons in facility quarantine and 4,881 persons in-home quarantine as on Wednesday.
A total of 67,207 samples have been collected of which 65,542 have been tested. The test per million rate now stands at 16,395 samples per million, while the recovery rate stands at 78.41 per cent with 0.07 is the mortality rate.
He also said that as on Wednesday, a total 374 persons have arrived in state by airways, 580 from Churaibari and 27 from Damcherra.
- Meghalaya: Dr. Nalin Mehta is new NEIGRIHMS director
- Netflix: Coming of age series ‘Sex Education’ renewed for Season 4
- Boxing legend Mike Tyson to make Bollywood debut with ‘Liger’
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 27
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 27
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke any response in Arunachal Pradesh