Imphal: Another 19 persons in Manipur tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 24 hours, 11 samples of which were tested at VRDL in JNIMS and eight at RIMS.
Of the latest cases, 10 persons are from Churachandpur, two each from Ukhrul, Kakching and Kamjong, and one each from Imphal East, Kangpokpi and Thoubal districts, as per a statement issued by additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Meanwhile, another 37 persons recovered on Thursday after they were found COVID-19 free on RT PCR test.
The total number of positive cases is 1,279 and the number of active and recovered cases are 663 and 616, respectively, in Manipur.
Till date, a total of 50,030 samples have been tested for the novel coronavirus, mostly the returnees from other states amid pandemic lockdown.
The state health department has maintained complete transparency on important facts related to COVID-19 pandemic and it is reiterated that there is no concealment of or intention to conceal facts from the public or media, he said.
- India records 34,403 COVID-19 cases, 320 deaths
- Dalai Lama greets PM Modi on his birthday
- India hands over newly-constructed school building to Nepal
- Assam reports 468 new COVID-19 cases, four more deaths
- Mizoram: 1,121 test COVID-19 positive, infection rate at 14.35%
- COVID-19 may infect a higher proportion of pregnant women: ICMR study