Dhemaji: A car with five of a family along with a driver plunged into a river after crashing through the railing of a bridge on National Highway 15 near Sisibor village in Assam’s Dhemaji district on Thursday.
As per reports, two girls have been recovered alive by locals of the area while efforts are on to rescue the remaining three as they are still believed to be stuck under water in the vehicle. It has been reported that one of the passengers has been washed away by the river.
A team of State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) reached the spot immediately and initiated an operation to rescue the people. Search operation to find the one washed away and recover the car was also on till the filing of this report. The family belongs to Tankeshwar Kalita of Lilabari in the state’s Lakhimpur district.
The incident took place around 10:30 am on Thursday after the vehicle crashed through the railing of a bridge in National Highway 15 and fell into the river.
The six were returning from Silapathar after attending a wedding.
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31
- Manipur: Two suspects arrested in Athuan Abonmai murder case