Agartala: Another eight persons have tested positive for coronavirus taking the total tally to 1,394 with 300 active cases so far.
A total of 1071 samples were tested on Tuesday, of which eight persons tested positive. These includes three from South district, two each from West and North district and one from Khowai district.
Taking to twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb wrote, “Out of 1071 samples tested for COVID-19, 8 people found #POSITIVE. District wise count includes: South: 3
Khowai: 1, #TripuraCOVID19Count”.
Earlier on Tuesday evening, state law minister Ratan Lal Nath said that at present 292 persons are undergoing treatment in different COVID care centres in the state, while 1,086 persons have been discharged after they recovered from the virus.
A total of 50,580 persons were placed under surveillance, out of which 44,419 persons were released after completion of 14 days’ observation period. While there are 385 persons in facility quarantine while 5,376 persons in-home quarantine as on Tuesday.
A total of 64,642 samples have been collected and 16,127 samples are being tested per million, while 0.07 is the mortality rate.
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 22
- Official: US at turning point in dealing with Myanmar crisis
- Income tax refunds of Rs 92,961 cr issued during this fiscal: CBDT
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs
- India’s vaccination prog. science- born, science-driven, science-based: PM
- Nagaland reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, recoveries surpass new infections