Kohima: After 21 persons had tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday morning, another 21 persons from Peren quarantine centres tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday evening, taking the state’s tally for confirmed cases to 501 on Wednesday.
Taking to Twitter, health minister S Pangnyu Phom tweeted: “Update as of 3:00 PM, 1st July, 2020. Out of 36 results received from BSL-3, 21 more new cases of COVID-19 +ve have been detected in Peren QC”.
The minister also took to Twitter to inform that 14 more persons — 10 from Dimapur and four from Dimapur, have recovered from COVID-19.
Phom wrote: “Update as of 3:20 PM, 1st July, 2020. 14 more COVID-19 +ve patients have recovered. 10 from AR Hospital, Sukhovi, Dimapur & 4 from DH, Dimapur”.
The total number of COVID-19 cases now stands at 501 out of which 319 are active and 182 are recovered. With this, the recovery rate in the state remains at 36% on Wednesday. As per the health and family welfare department, all active cases are asymptomatic in nature.
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31
- Manipur: Two suspects arrested in Athuan Abonmai murder case
- Kanhaiya Kumar joins Congress
- Carelessness? 30 test COVID-19 positive at Sikkim nursing college