Kohima: After 21 persons had tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday morning, another 21 persons from Peren quarantine centres tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday evening, taking the state’s tally for confirmed cases to 501 on Wednesday.
Taking to Twitter, health minister S Pangnyu Phom tweeted: “Update as of 3:00 PM, 1st July, 2020. Out of 36 results received from BSL-3, 21 more new cases of COVID-19 +ve have been detected in Peren QC”.
The minister also took to Twitter to inform that 14 more persons — 10 from Dimapur and four from Dimapur, have recovered from COVID-19.
Phom wrote: “Update as of 3:20 PM, 1st July, 2020. 14 more COVID-19 +ve patients have recovered. 10 from AR Hospital, Sukhovi, Dimapur & 4 from DH, Dimapur”.
The total number of COVID-19 cases now stands at 501 out of which 319 are active and 182 are recovered. With this, the recovery rate in the state remains at 36% on Wednesday. As per the health and family welfare department, all active cases are asymptomatic in nature.
- Assam Guv adopts 10 TB patients under Nikshay Mitra initiative
- Two stretches of NH-17 soon to be converted into 4-lane in Assam
- Exclusive: Thangkhiew was planning blast in Shillong, says Meghalaya CM
- More than 720 children, women rescued by RPF: Official
- ‘Tar’ review: Cate Blanchett’s stellar performance marks the highlight
- Rupee may remain under depreciation pressure: Economic Survey