Imphal: A total of 26 fresh cases in Manipur, all returnees from other states, tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday, including two tested earlier from Tamenglong district.
The returnees infected by the virus include 15 men and 11 women.
Likewise, another 26 persons have recovered and were able discharged from COVID-19 care facilities after testing negative in RT-PCR test.
Of the total confirmed cases of 1,260, active cases now stand at 681 and the number of recovered persons has increased to 579, as per official report.
At present, the recovery rate in the state is 45.95 per cent, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Of the total fresh cases, 11 persons are from Senapati, six from Ukhrul, three more Kamjong, two each from Thoubal and Tamenglong and one each case from Imphal East and Jiribam districts, respectively.
Altogether, 612 samples was tested in the last 24 hours. A total of 238 samples were tested at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), in which 15 turned out to be positive. Another 11 samples tested positive, out of 370 samples tested at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS).
As many as 51,606 samples, mostly returnees from outside Manipur, have been tested for the virus so far.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing