Tamenglong: Two more persons tested positive in Tamenglong district of Manipur on Wednesday, taking the total number of confirmed cases in the district to 178.
At least 44 persons have recovered in the district and at present, the number of active cases is 134.
According to the district chief medical officer Dr Chambo Gonmei, a total of 71 persons are undergoing treatment at Tamenglong Higher Secondary School COVID-19 Care Centre, wherein the remnjjjaining cases are being kept at other facilities in the state.
Till date, a total of 1,948 samples have been tested, mostly returnees from other states.
According to Dr Gonmei, considering the topography of the district and since many villages are being located at far-flung areas from the main town, the administration had arranged a centralised institutional and community quarantine centres for the returnees at the district headquarters.
At present, the district administration is running one institutional quarantine centre and 14 community quarantine centres for the returnees. At least around 2,000 people have returned home from various parts of the country amid the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown.
Meanwhile, Manipur has recorded a total number of confirmed cases 1,236, of which 553 persons have recovered. The total number of active cases in the state is 683.
- China locks down Lanzhou as Covid cases surge due to delta variant
- Elderly couple’s murder in Guwahati home: caretaker held
- Iraqi officials: 11 killed in IS attack northeast of Baghdad
- Bengal reports 806 new Covid cases; 248 in Kolkata alone
- Google honours Czech scientist Otto Wichterle with doodle
- Nagaland reports 21 new COVID-19 cases