Imphal: Major General Alok Naresh was appointed as the new inspector general (IG) of Assam Rifles (south) in Manipur on Tuesday.
The newly appointed IG had previously commanded a Brigade in Kashmir valley and succeeds Major General KP Singh who is proceeding on posting after completing his tenure, said an official press statement.
A highly qualified and proficient officer with vast counter insurgency experience, Major General Naresh has been handpicked for this highly challenging and prestigious assignment, it said.
Soon after his appointment to the post, the new Inspector General has appealed to the people of Manipur to continue to extend their love and support to the security forces.
Also Read: Troops of Assam Rifles rescue five people
He has also urged the state government officials and media fraternity for their corporation, empathy and constructive criticism.
Meanwhile, the IG of Assam Rifles assured to do everything possible in his capacity to create a conducive environment for the growth of people of Manipur.
The officer’s pleasant and unassuming demeanour combined with a razor sharp intellect and clarity of vision will ensure that the Assam Rifles under his command contributes in a substantial way towards Manipur’s steady march to peace and prosperity, added the statement.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers