New Delhi: At least 2 workers were killed, 16 injured, and around four are still feared to be trapped after a boiler explosion at Neyveli Lignite Corporation India Limited (NLCIL) power plant in Tamil Nadu’s Cuddalore district on Wednesday morning.
According to reports, the explosion took place in a boiler in unit 5 of the second thermal power station of NLCIL. Thick cloud of smoke could be seen over the power plant.
The injured workers have been rushed to Apollo Hospital in Chennai.
This is the second boiler explosion in NLCIL. In the month of May, a similar incident took place, where eight workers were injured.
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry