Guwahati: Among the 140 new COVID-19 cases reported on Wednesday morning, 122 are from Guwahati alone, informed state health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma. With the new cases, Assam’s total coronavirus count has reached 8,547.
Cases of the highly contagious infection continue to rise in the state, especially in Kamrup (Metropolitan), as the district alone has reported 1,284 cases of the virus. Currently, Kamrup (M) — in which Guwahati city is located — is under a strict 14-day total lockdown to curb the spread of the virus.
Sarma, taking to Twitter, wrote, “Alert ~ 140 new #COVID19+ cases detected. I must mention that 122 out of these are from Guwahati City and it is my humble plea to all to strictly follow lockdown guidelines to be able to flatten the curve. No need to panic, however.”
Currently, Assam stands at 8,547 reported cases of COVID-19, with 2885 active cases, 5647 discharged, 12 deaths and 3 migrated to other states.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers