Guwahati: In the highest-ever single day spike, altogether 613 cases were detected as COVID-19 positive in Assam on Tuesday.
Out of these, 572 cases were detected on Tuesday night while Guwahati registers 380 cases alone.
Announcing the new cases on Twitter, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said: “Alert ~ 572 new #COVID19+ cases detected today.
Today, 380 cases were reported in Guwahati City alone, and need for caution can’t be overemphasized.
Total cases 8,407
Active cases 2,745
11:55 PM/ June 30/ Day’s total 613”
Assam has reported 8,407 COVID-19 cases so far. Of this, while 5,647 patients have been discharged, 12 have died and three migrated to other states. Currently, there are 2,745 active cases.
According to Sarma, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases detected in Assam on Tuesday was 613.
- Oppn demands law on MSP, debate on snooping row, price rise in Parliament
- Netherlands, Australia find omicron variant as curbs spread
- Nagaland pushes for off-road tourism; generate Rs 100 Cr revenue
- Bengaluru police deny permission to Munawar Faruqui’s stand-up show
- Tripura sees saffron wave, BJP sweeps civic polls
- Mizoram govt committed to peace along all state borders: Official