Guwahati: Eight doctors and laboratory technicians deployed at the laboratories of the microbiology department of Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) have reportedly tested COVID-19 positive.
Following this, the number of doctors and health workers affected in the virus at the GMCH has increased to 12.
Meanwhile, among the 140 new COVID-19 cases reported on Wednesday morning, 122 are from Guwahati alone, informed state health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma. With the new cases, Assam’s total coronavirus count has reached 8,547.
Cases of the highly contagious infection continue to rise in the state, especially in Kamrup (Metropolitan), as the district alone has reported 1,284 cases of the virus. Currently, Kamrup (M) — in which Guwahati city is located — is under a strict 14-day total lockdown to curb the spread of the virus.
- Assam: G20 delegates mesmerised by diverse culture and hospitality
- India, France, UAE unveil plan for cooperation under trilateral framework
- Sri Lanka must correct its ‘errors and failures’: President at 75th I-Day
- Nagaland govt restrict drugs sale to fight drug menace, pharma trafficking
- Assam: Chargesheet against doctors, magistrate in minor’s murder case
- Nagaland: Rs. 28.96 cr in cash, IMFL, drugs seized ahead of Assembly polls