Imphal: Troops of Assam Rifles rescued at least five people from a road accident in Kamjong district of Manipur recently.
As per an official report, the incident took place in the remote Chatric village area in Kamjong on June 26 when a truck carrying sand along with five passengers toppled off the road due to sudden brake failure.
One of the passengers, identified as Leishingam, fell off the vehicle and sustained facial injuries to his nose, jaw and forehead. The other passengers too suffered minor injuries.
Soon after the accident, a team consisting of one medical officer and 11 troops, including nursing assistant of the Chatric post of Assam Rifles rushed to the spot and provided medical aid to the affected people. Later, they were evacuated to Community Health Center (CHC) at Kamjong district headquarters for further medical treatment, it said.
The region has been facing difficulties in commuting due to incessant rainfall resulting to slushed and dilapidated road conditions.
- Kerala landslide toll touches 18 as rescuers dig deeper
- Father’s responsibilities wouldn’t end at son attaining 18 years age: Delhi HC
- Weight loss & fad diets: Know the pros and cons before taking drastic steps
- Five natural homemade face packs for every skin type
- Plan to develop tourist circuit of places travelled by Srimanta Sankardev: Assam CM
- Assam reports 269 new COVID-19 cases