Kohima: Eight new cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Nagaland on Tuesday taking the state’s tally to 459. Out of the eight persons who tested positive for COVID-19, six are from Jakhama military quarantine centre and one each from Dimapur and Mokokchung.
With no new recovered cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, the total number of recovered cases remains at 168. Out of a total of 459 confirmed cases, the total active cases are 291. With that the recovery rate dropped to 36% on Tuesday as compared to 38% on Monday.
Home commissioner Abhijit Sinha informed that all positive persons are receiving medical care at the designated COVID-19 Hospitals. As per the severity of symptoms, all the 291 active cases are asymptomatic.
Till Tuesday, a total of 12,161 samples have been tested and results of 11,408 samples have been received. Out of the 12,161 samples, 7, 883 samples have been received at the BSL-3 lab at the Naga Hospital Authority Kohima (NHAK) and a total of 7,790 samples have been tested, out of which 368 samples have tested positive.
A total of 5,299 samples have also been tested by Truenat, out of which 89 samples tested positive and sent for confirmation by RT-PCR. A total of 5,114 persons are at present under Facility Quarantine.
- Northeast: Share a 2-minute video, show the world you are ‘Fit for Life’
- Assam BJP to enrol 18 lakh members
- PM CARES not government fund; works with transparency: HC told
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary