Shillong: One more person, who came from Guwahati, tests positive for COVID-19 in Khliehriat, Meghalaya, taking total active cases in state to nine and total positive cases at 52.
Earlier, an army person was tested positive on Monday in Shillong.
Due to the surge in COVID-19 cases in Assam, the Meghalaya government on Monday decided to close down shops nearing Assam, mainly shops at Byrnihat up to Rani. The order comes into affect from Tuesday and will be effective till July 15.
Meanwhile, inter-state movement continues to be restricted whereas inter-district movement is allowed in Meghalaya.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19