Mumbai: Bollywood star Aamir Khan’s driver, cook and two bodyguards have tested positive for coronavirus.
Taking to Twitter, Aamir informed that some of his staff members have tested positive for the disease and have been immediately put under quarantine.
Aamir further says that Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) officials were quick in taking the affected to a medical facility and thanked them for taking good care of his staff and sanitising the entire society following the detection of coronavirus cases.
Aamir also said that he is taking his mother to get tested for COVID-19 and has asked his fans and well wishers to pray that his mother’s COVID-19 test turns out negative.
The official statement posted by Aamir Khan on Twitter reads, “Hello everyone, This is to inform you that some of my staff have tested positive. They were immediately quarantined, and BMC officials were very prompt and efficient in taking them to a medical facility. I would like to thank the BMC for taking such good care of them, and for fumigating and sterilising the entire society. The rest of us all have been tested and found negative. Right now I am taking my mother to get her tested. She is the last person in the loop. Please pray that she is negative. I would, once again, like to thank the BMC for the prompt, professional, and caring manner in which they helped us. And a big thank you to Kokilaben Hospital, and the doctors, nurses and staff there. They were very caring and professional with the testing process. God bless and stay safe. Love. Aamir.”
- Hunt for coronavirus variants: how the new one was found and what we know
- Tripura: 3-tier security for counting day, CPIM announces boycott
- Guwahati minor girl’s bravery, quick thinking foils kidnap bid
- Cannot be in situation where it is difficult to implement laws: Rijiju
- ICC calls off Women’s World Cup Qualifier over new COVID-19 variant
- Families stuck after sudden decision to ban flights to and from South Africa