Kohima: The Assam Rifles (AR) on Sunday commemorated the 21st Death Anniversary of Captain Neikezhakuo Kenguruse, MVC (posthumous), who attained martyrdom during the Kargil War on June 28, 1999.
An update from the PRO IGAR (North) said that the HQ IGAR (N) had organised a solemn wreath-laying ceremony at Capt Neikezhakuo Kenguruse, MVC (posthumous) War Memorial in Nerhema village under Kohima district.
Neiselie Kenguruse, the father of Captain Neikezhakuo and other family members, officers, ladies and troops of Assam Rifles, were present for the solemn occasion.
Capt Neikezhakuo Kenguruse who was awarded the Mahavir Chakra (posthumously), hails from Nerhema village in Kohima. An alumnus of St Xavier’s School and Kohima Science College, he served as a teacher at Govt High School, Kohima from 1994 till 1997.
He was later commissioned as an officer into Rajputana Rifles of the Indian Army on December 12, 1998. He attained martyrdom during the Kargil War on June 28, 1999, while destroying enemy bunkers and killing four enemy soldiers.
- Will India make a winning start at women’s Asian Champions Trophy?
- Meghalaya Youth Cong: Mass resignation not end of Congress
- Singapore says Omicron not more severe than other variants as of now
- BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu beats Yamaguchi in semis, enters final
- Ratan Tata, Lovlina Borgohain, 17 others to receive top Assam govt awards
- Amid calls for booster shots, experts say double vaccinate against Covid first