Kohima: The Assam Rifles (AR) on Sunday commemorated the 21st Death Anniversary of Captain Neikezhakuo Kenguruse, MVC (posthumous), who attained martyrdom during the Kargil War on June 28, 1999.
An update from the PRO IGAR (North) said that the HQ IGAR (N) had organised a solemn wreath-laying ceremony at Capt Neikezhakuo Kenguruse, MVC (posthumous) War Memorial in Nerhema village under Kohima district.
Neiselie Kenguruse, the father of Captain Neikezhakuo and other family members, officers, ladies and troops of Assam Rifles, were present for the solemn occasion.
Capt Neikezhakuo Kenguruse who was awarded the Mahavir Chakra (posthumously), hails from Nerhema village in Kohima. An alumnus of St Xavier’s School and Kohima Science College, he served as a teacher at Govt High School, Kohima from 1994 till 1997.
He was later commissioned as an officer into Rajputana Rifles of the Indian Army on December 12, 1998. He attained martyrdom during the Kargil War on June 28, 1999, while destroying enemy bunkers and killing four enemy soldiers.
- Assam: 74 rare tortoises seized from Silchar-Sealdah train, 2 arrested
- Internet ban in Manipur again? Check details here
- Nagaland: Church condemns PM’s call for cleanliness drive on Sunday
- Ukhrul: Journalists boycott 24 AR over ‘harassment’ of reporter
- Mizoram: Serchhip district celebrates silver jubilee amid HIV, drug abuse concerns
- Tripura HC dismisses one of ‘10,323’ teachers’ plea, fines petitioner