Shillong: Due to the constant rainfall in Meghalaya for the past few days, several districts witnessed floods and landslides. Houses, agricultural land, roads, pavements and critical infrastructural got damaged.
Meghalaya Revenue and Disaster Management Minister, Kyrmen Shylla said that his department is still in the process of compiling the details of how much loss the state has incurred due to the natural calamity.
Shylla informed that as many as 15, 80,684 people in 617 villages have been affected by the rains.
In the East Khasi Hills District saw floods and landslides on June 24, 26 and 28, in 19 villages under Mylliem Mawkynrew Sohra sub-division Shella. In the East Garo Hills, there was a fire on June 16 at a village under Songsak C&RD Block. In the South Garo Hills, a cyclonic storm on June 26 caused partial damage to 4 houses.
Shylla added that SDRF, State police/Fire and boats have been deployed.
- China sanctions top Taiwanese officials after 2nd US delegation’s visit to Taipei
- Assam pays tribute to INA’s ‘Singing Soldier’ composer of National Anthem’s tune
- Assam: 15-feet Burmese Python weighing 100 kg rescued in Baska
- Mizoram: Man, 25, arrested for brutally assaulting wife
- Tripura gets access to Mongla port in Bangladesh
- Nagaland Lottery August 16: Check Dear Moon Tuesday lottery result