Guwahati: In a bid to contain the COVID-19 outbreak in Guwahati, Assam government has imposed a 14-day total lockdown in the city effective from Sunday midnight.
The lockdown comes in place as a substantial number of COVID-19 cases are being reported from the city. Just on Sunday, a total of 327 new COVID-19 cases were detected across Assam, out of which 195 were from Guwahati alone.
On the first day of the lockdown on Monday, Team EastMojo went out to the streets and arterial roads of the city located in Assam’s Kamrup (Metro) district to get a real feel of the situation.
Check out some of the pictures that we captured:
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation