Guwahati: In a ferry accident on Monday morning near Shyambazar area of Dhaka, at least 30 people were reported dead.
According to reports, the Dhaka-bound launch named ML Morning Bird was hit by a bigger launch named Moyour-2 around 9.30 this morning.
The capsized ferry was carrying 50-60 passengers and it sank near the Farashganj Ghat of Buriganga river.
Bangladesh Inland Water Transport Authority (BIWTA), fire service, river police, coast guard and Bangladesh Navy’s diving team carried out the rescue operation and sent the bodies to Mitford hospital morgue. Meanwhile, some passengers managed to swim to the shore. However, it is not clear on how many people swam to safety and how manya re still missing.
- Cong, CPI(M) don’t believe in Ram, Krishna: Yogi at Tripura poll rally
- Actor Rakhi Sawant accuses husband Adil Durrani of assault, theft
- Propose Day 2023: Messages and wishes to send your loved ones
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong not a ‘sinking ship’, says party’s Mylliem candidate
- PM Modi effected transformation in Tripura, northeast: BJP
- Jetlag hits differently depending on your travel direction. Here are 6 tips