Agartala: More nine persons tested positive for coronavirus on Saturday taking the total cases in Tripura to 1,340 and 261 active cases so far.
These include three from Khowai district, two each from North Tripura and Dhalai and one each from Sepahijala and West Tripura districts.
Taking to twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb wrote, “Out of 1081 samples tested for COVID-19, 9 people found #POSITIVE. Among them 8 people have travel history & 1 were in contact of COVID-19 patients. The count includes: Khowai Dist: 3, North Dist: 2, Dhalai Dist: 2, West Dist: 1, Sepahijala Dist:1 #TripuraCOVID19Count”.
As on Saturday, there are 553 people in facility quarantine, while 5,819 are in home quarantine. A total of 62,365 samples have been collected, of which 61,195 samples have been tested. The state is testing 15,050 samples per million with a recovery rate of 81.47 per cent, which is the second highest in India. Earlier on Saturday, a total of 16 persons were discharged leaving only 252 active cases with 1,071 recovered so far.
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal