Guwahati: On Saturday evening, Assam crossed the 7,000-mark by recording 246 new cases of COVID-19, taking the state’s total to 7,165. Of the new cases, a Superintendent of Police (SP)-rank officer of Assam Police and 30 others from the department also tested positive for the virus.
Taking to Twitter, Assam ADGP (law & order) GP Singh said, “A SP rank officer of @assampolice and 30 other ranks have tested Covid positive. They are all in good health. We wish them an early and full recovery. We rededicate ourselves to the service of the people of Assam.
@DGPAssamPolice @CMOfficeAssam @himantabiswa”
As a result of amped up testing provisions, and conducting almost over 10,000 tests each day, Assam is recording newer cases every day. Assam reached 374,519-mark in testing on Saturday.
On Saturday, the state also discharged 567 COVID-19 patients across medical facilities taking the total number of cured patients to 4,814, against 2092 active cases. Assam has also record 10 deaths and 3 migrated to other states.
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 18
- BJP names Sonowal, Murugan as its candidates for Rajya Sabha bypolls
- India records 35,662 COVID-19 cases, 281 deaths
- Davis Cup: Prajnesh, Ramkumar lose on Day 1, India trail 0-2 against Finland
- Mizoram U-19 head coach Murtaza Lodhgar dies of heart attack in Vizag