Imphal: A 21-year-old COVID-19 recovered girl, who was under home quarantine, on Sunday was found dead in Manipur, said sources.
According to the Imphal East Sp Jogeshchandra Haobijam, the girl — a resident of Imphal East district — had tested positive for COVID-19 on May 31 and again retested on June 1.
She recovered and was discharged from JNIMS hospital on June 14. Since then, she was kept under home quarantine as a precautionary measure, sources said.
Due to the ongoing pandemic lockdown, the girl who was studying at Chandigarh had returned home in the month of May and was quarantined at Bashikhong quarantine centre before she was found infected with the virus, reports said.
Soon after the incident, the medical officer in-charge and frontline workers of Bashikhong quarantine centre along with police officials of Irilbung police station rushed to the spot and took the deceased for post-mortem.
A post-mortem will be carried out at JNIMS on Monday and further investigation is on to ascertain the reason behind the incident, said SP Haobijam.
As per the additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar, the state has set up a 24X7 helpline number 1800-345-3818 for psychological help and counselling during the pandemic.
The helpline is to address the distress calls, especially from those people at quarantine centres and under depression.
Isolation and loneliness during quarantine can assert long lasting negative consequences on physical and mental well being resulting to depressive symptoms, lower immunity and impaired executive functions etc, he added.
- Mizoram: COVID-19 recoveries outnumber new cases; death toll at 422
- Infant mortality rate dips in Arunachal Pradesh
- India reports 13,451 new COVID-19 cases, 585 deaths
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 27
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 27
- Assam reports 347 fresh COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths