Guwahati: COVID-19 claimed another life in Assam after a 45-year-old man passed away due to the virus in Guwahati on Sunday.
The patient, Hemanga Majumdar, 45, was a resident off Khanapara in Guwahati. He was brought to the Gauhati Medical College & Hospital in Guwahati in a critical state, said health minister Hima.nta Biswa Sarma. “The doctors could not save him. My sincere condolences to the bereaved family,” he tweeted.
Meanwhile, the total number of COVID-19 cases in Assam reached 7,165 after 246 new cases were reported on Saturday night. While 4,814 patients have been discharged, there are 2,338 active cases in the state. While three have migrated to other states, the death toll is 11.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity