Kohima: In a joint operation, troops of Assam Rifles and Nagaland Police apprehended an “active and armed cadre of NSCN(KN)” in Dimapur. The operation was launched based on specific inputs regarding the “presence of a UG cadre” in the area.
An update from PRO Defence Lt Col Sumit K Sharma said that the person, identified as Self-styled Raja Peyu Joil Sema, was arrested near Toluvi in Dimapur District of Nagaland on Wednesday.
The 40-year-old “active and armed cadre of NSCN(KN)” is a resident of Toluvi village in Dimapur District.
One 9 mm pistol with magazine and four live rounds were recovered from the arrested person. The update said that the apprehended individual, along with recovered items, have been handed over to East Police Station for further investigation.
As reported, the Nagaland Police along with the Assam Rifles and CAPFs, since 2015 has registered a total of 893 cases against various “under ground (UG) groups” or rebel groups. A total of 1,238 persons have been arrested for their involvement in various crimes like violation of Arms Act, Explosive Acts, murder, offense against the state, abduction/kidnapping for ransom, UA (P) Act, extortion and robbery.
- Will India make a winning start at women’s Asian Champions Trophy?
- Meghalaya Youth Cong: Mass resignation not end of Congress
- Singapore says Omicron not more severe than other variants as of now
- BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu beats Yamaguchi in semis, enters final
- Ratan Tata, Lovlina Borgohain, 17 others to receive top Assam govt awards
- Amid calls for booster shots, experts say double vaccinate against Covid first