Troops of Assam Rifles recovered illegal timber worth lakhs from three trucks in Ukhrul district of Manipur recently.
The official report says, “based on reliable inputs regarding the movement of illegal timber, the security forces intercepted two trucks carrying Pinewood and one carrying suspected Tunwood of foreign origin at Lambui check post. During a thorough search, all the three vehicles were found illegally carrying timber concealed behind firewood.”
The trucks carrying illegal timber were headed to Imphal. Two trucks were coming from Ukhrul and one from Kamjong district, they did not have a permit to transport timber.
Three truckers and co-drivers were arrested and have been handed over to the Forest Beat officer at Litan along with the trucks for further investigation.
- No interim relief to Abhishek Banerjee, his wife in money laundering case
- CIA officer reports Havana syndrome symptoms during India trip: Report
- Heritage Aviation to start helicopter services in Northeast
- Tripura: TMC leader Kunal Ghosh taken to hospital
- India facing new war paradigm on borders: Rahul on China’s infra ramp up
- Two pilots injured as Army chopper crash lands in J&K