A general manager of an industrial plant in Andhra Pradesh’s Kurnool district died on the spot due to ammonia gas leakage in the factory.
The incident of the ammonia gas leakage occurred at SPY Agro Industries limited at Nandyal town in Kurnool district.
The deceased has been identified as Srinivas Rao. Four other who were on duty with him rushed out as soon as ammonia gas leakage was reported and are now safe.
According to Kurnool District Collector G. Veerapandian, local fire services have rushed to the spot and are trying to plug the gas leak.
Veerapandian said that there is no danger to people living in the nearby areas and has appealed the people not to panic and remain indoors.
The industrial plant where the incident occurred is owned by the family of former Member of Parliament S.P.Y.Reddy.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation