A general manager of an industrial plant in Andhra Pradesh’s Kurnool district died on the spot due to ammonia gas leakage in the factory.
The incident of the ammonia gas leakage occurred at SPY Agro Industries limited at Nandyal town in Kurnool district.
The deceased has been identified as Srinivas Rao. Four other who were on duty with him rushed out as soon as ammonia gas leakage was reported and are now safe.
According to Kurnool District Collector G. Veerapandian, local fire services have rushed to the spot and are trying to plug the gas leak.
Veerapandian said that there is no danger to people living in the nearby areas and has appealed the people not to panic and remain indoors.
The industrial plant where the incident occurred is owned by the family of former Member of Parliament S.P.Y.Reddy.
- Calls for a ‘green’ Ramadan revive Islam’s long tradition of sustainability
- Why supply chain issues do not cause inflation
- Rahul ‘mismanaged’ Himanta episode in Assam: Azad in memoir
- Gods in the machine? Rise of AI may result in new religions
- Now, apply for jobs, give interviews while on tourist, business visa in US
- Major Himalayan rivers like Brahmaputra to see reduced flows as glaciers recede