New Delhi: The Indian Railways has cancelled all regular passenger trains services including mails and express trains till August 12. The cancellations are for regular trains for which the ticket bookings were available till April 14, 2020.
During this period, only special trains will continue to operate. The Indian Railways has also announced that it will refund the full ticket pricing of all those who made reservations up to April 14, 2020.
As of now, the Indian Railways is operating 230 special trains along with Shramik trains to ferry passengers affected due to the nationwide lockdown in the wake of coronavirus outbreak in the country.
Railway Board chairman VK Yadav while speaking to the media said that more special trains will be operated if needed to meet hike in demand to transport stranded people in various parts of the country.
In case of train cancellations, Indian Railways refunds the full amount to passengers, however, the advice is that passengers should refrain from going to the IRCTC website to cancel their booking. The refund will be automatically credited to the user’s account once the train is cancelled in our system, IRCTC said with regard to online train ticket bookings.
- Watch: Meghalaya children fall sick after eating ice cream
- Develop ALGs to start fixed-wing flight services in Arunachal: CM to Centre
- Tokyo logs record 5,042 new COVID-19 cases as infections surge amid Olympic Games
- Arunachal: Centre okays memorial for jawan who killed 79 Chinese soldiers in 1962 war
- Assam Gorkhas won’t be tried and prosecuted under the Citizenship Act
- Nagaland Assembly concerned over school ‘occupied’ by Assam Police 14 yrs ago