Kohima: Local residents of Benreu village under Peren district of Nagaland rescued an injured Chinese pangolin that was found in a hunter’s trap. The incident occurred on Tuesday when the youths from the village set out to repair an irrigation canal.
In viral videos that circulated online, the residents are seen cutting off a wire that trapped the mammal around the leg. The locals then cleaned the pangolin that was covered in mud from a nearby stream.
Then identifying the wounded parts, the locals applied medicines on the pangolin and then released it back into the wild. A video of the residents treating the injured pangolin and the releasing it back to the wild forest also surfaced online.
A Facebook page by the name “Benreu village” posted the videos online. Watch the video of the pangolin’s rescue here:
Watch the video of the treatment and release of the pangolin here:
The rescue of the mammal in Benreu village has won the hearts of many. It has garnered 28K views online in less than 24 hours.
As reported earlier, four persons from Peren surrendered to the wildlife wing of the Nagaland department of environment, forest and climate change after a video which depicted the ruthless killing of wild animals including Barking deer and large Indian civet cat went viral in second-third week of the month.
- IIM Shillong hosts 2-day summit on food processing opportunities
- Govt seals mega deal with Airbus for purchase of 56 C-295 military transport aircraft
- Journey of Sensex: From 1,000 to 60,000 in over 31 years
- BJP’s Ratan Chakraborty elected Speaker of Tripura Assembly
- Nagaland Lottery September 24: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 24