Imphal: Manipur crossed the 1000 mark for COVID-19 with 86 more testing positive on Thursday. The state now has 1,056 confirmed cases with
702 active, and 354 have recovered.
According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, the recovery rate in the state has increased to 33.52 per cent.
Persons who tested positive for the virus in the last 24 hours include 53 men, and 33 are women. 78 samples were tested at VRDLs at RIMS and remaining eight samples at JNIMS.
Tamenglong recorded the highest cases with 55, followed by Ukhrul with 12 and four cases from Kakching districts.
There are three cases from Imphal West, two each from Bishnupur, Churachandpur, Kamjong, Senapati and Thoubal, one each from Imphal East and Kangpokpi districts.
All the patients have now being shifted to COVID-19 Care facilities in Imphal and other districts.
Since all the new cases are returnees from outside Manipur, precautionary measures like contact tracing and containment process in the quarantine centers are in place to avoid community spread in the state.
- Covid surge in West Bengal: 24 containment zones created
- Nagaland: Hope and apprehension as primary schools reopen slowly
- Nagaland women commission chief’s ‘Good Patriarchy’ jab sparks outrage
- BJP should apologise to people of Assam: Cong on EC warning to Sarma
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 27
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 27