Kohima: Amid reports of violations in government designated quarantine centres, Peren district has constituted a district legal team to monitor any violations of the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) by inmates at the institutional quarantine facilities.
While the state government has made it mandatory for all persons returning to the state to undergo 14 days of institutional quarantine, SOPs for returnees and quarantine rules and regulations were also issued by the government for all returnees to abide.
Also Read: Nagaland: Protests in Peren against govt
“However, it has been reported that violations of Government orders by returnees are occurring at some Quarantine facilities, therefore the Deputy Commissioner of Peren, Sentiwapang Aier, NCS has constituted the District Legal Team to look into such violations,” an update from the DIPR on Tuesday evening said.
The legal team will be headed by EAC Ngwalwa, Rumbemo T Kithan as Convener, SDPO Peren Vikato Thonger and APP Peren, Zheviholi Swu as members.
Role of the District Legal Team:
- Identify all legal provisions with regard to violations of Government orders by the inmates of quarantine centers.
- Identify all legal provisions with regard to non-compliance of Government orders by government employees.
Establish a standard operating procedure for imposition of specific legal provisions on individuals violating Government orders.
Any legal matters related to COVID-19 matters assigned to the team by the undersigned.
It informed that a meeting will be held on June 26 at 1 PM at the DC Office, New Hq to discuss about the same.
Meanwhile, an update from the SP Peren said that a case has been filed against four inmates who “sneaked out” from the JNV quarantine centre in Jalukie under the Disaster Management Act 2005 and relevant IPC sections at Jalukie Police station.
The four inmates reportedly sneaked from the quarantine centre on June 20 and 21 and were later detained at the police quarantine facility. A case has been filed against them for “negligent act likely to spread infectious disease dangerous to life and for violating quarantine rule”.
- Campaign for Tuirial assembly bypoll ends in north Mizoram
- AFI partners with IOS Sports to raise bar of Indian Athletics
- Is brushing your teeth for two minutes enough? Here’s what the evidence says
- Khel Ratna: Neeraj Chopra, Ravi Dahiya, Lovlina Borgohain among 11 recommended
- 4 key issues to watch as world leaders prepare for Glasgow climate summit
- NATO’s Afghan mission hit by ‘mission creep’?