Imphal: In the last 24 hours, another 49 persons, including 25 women, have been confirmed tested positive for COVID-19 in Manipur on Wednesday.
With this, the total number of confirmed cases in the state soared to 970 and active cases stood at 642.
In terms of recovered cases, another 70 persons have been discharged from the hospitals after they were found COVID-19 free on RT PCR test.
Among the 70 newly recovered patients, 32 persons were discharged from Bishnupur district hospital, 17 from UNACCO School COVID-19 Care Centre and the remaining ten from JNIMS COVID-19 Care facility.
Altogether, 328 persons has been recovered and the recovery rate is 33.81%.
Of the latest 49 cases which were tested positive at VRDLs at RIMS and JNIMS, 11 each were from Churachandpur and Ukhrul, five each from Kakching, Kamjong and Senapati, three from Imphal West, two each from Tamenglong, Imphal East and Kangpokpi and one each from Jiribam, Noney and Thoubal districts, respectively, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
All the latest cases are returnees from other states and precautionary measures like contact tracing and containment process are in place, he added.
- Mizoram: Three held with heroin worth Rs 10.15 lakh
- Report: Suspected Chinese hack targets Indian media, govt
- Will work towards balanced relations with India and China: Nepal FM
- Defence MoS appreciates civil-military bonhomie at Arunachal’s Tawang
- 45 BJP MPs across India have kin in politics: Assam Congress lawmaker
- Nagaland logs 31 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality