Agartala: 15 more tested positive for coronavirus on Monday taking the total number of recorded positive cases to 1,241.
These include five from Khowai district, four from West, three from Sepahijala, two from North, one each from North and Unakoti district. 15 of them had travel history while one is a truck driver.
Taking to Twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb wrote, “Out or 859 samples tested for COVID-19, 16 people found #POSITIVE. 15 persons among them have travel history & 1 is truck driver.
The count includes :
Khowai Dist: 5
West Dist: 4
Sepahijala Dist: 3
North Dist: 2
Dhalai Dist: 1
Unakoti Dist: 1
So far 853 people have been put in facility quarantine, while 5,547 are in-home quarantine. Out of the total of 56,649 samples collected, 56,020 have been tested.
The state is testing 14,013 samples per million against the rest of India’s 4,305 average.
On Monday 23 persons including 22 from Badharghat sports hostel and one from Saheed Bhagat Singh were released after they tested negative for the virus.
The recovery rate in the state has increased. On June 9 it was 22.83 while on June 15 it stood to 40.13 per cent. On Monday the number stands at 63.84 per cent.
Presently there are 1,311 beds across the COVID Care Centres, among them, 437 are occupied by the positive patients.
- Pro-Khalistani protesters attack Indian Consulate in San Francisco
- I cannot be intimidated by police, cases: Rahul Gandhi
- Indo-Bangla border along Dhubri ‘hot zone of crime’: Assam CM
- AI route to stem jumbo deaths: NFR, RailTel ink MoU for IDS
- Nagaland: Southern Angami Body lifts movement ban on Mao Nagas
- Assam: IGNCA observes 36th Foundation Day