Kohima: With 50 more persons testing positive for COVID-19, the number of positive cases in Nagaland crossed the triple century mark. The state’s tally for COVID-19 positive cases spiked to 330.
Nagaland health minister S Pangnyu Phom informed that out of the 50 fresh cases, 24 persons were from Dimapur quarantine centre, 14 from Kohima quarantine centre and 12 from Peren quarantine centre.
On Monday, Nagaland recorded a new highest single day spike in the number of COVID-19 positive cases as 69 persons tested positive. There were no recovered cases of COVID-19 on Monday.
With 50 fresh cases on Tuesday, the number of active cases stands at 189 as the number of recovered cases remain at 141.
Taking to twitter, health minister S Pangnyu Phom tweeted “Out of 312 samples tested, 50 new cases of COVID-19 +ve have been reported. 24 patients from Dimapur QC, 14 from Kohima QC & 12 from Peren QC.
Positive : 330
Active : 189
Recovered : 141
Death : 00
Update at 8: 30 AM, 23rd June, 2020.”
The first cases of COVID-19 were reported on May 25 when three persons were tested positive for COVID-19.
- Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha
- NASA’s image of the ‘Hand of God’ in space has netizens baffled
- Meghalaya: Dr. Nalin Mehta is new NEIGRIHMS director
- Netflix: Coming of age series ‘Sex Education’ renewed for Season 4
- Boxing legend Mike Tyson to make Bollywood debut with ‘Liger’
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 27