Imphal: Another 54 persons, including two nurses from Churachandpur district without travel history tested positive for COVID-19 in Manipur on Monday.
Three healthcare workers, including two medical officers were tested for the virus at Bishnupur district hospital. These are first cases of frontline workers exposed to infection.
Manipur now has 898 recorded positive. The number of active cases stands at 648. The total recovered persons in the state is 250.
Of the latest 54 cases, 21 are from Chandel, ten from Kakching, eight from Churachandpur, four each from Tamenglong and Senapati, three from Kamjong, two from Kangpokpi and one each from Imphal East and Thoubal districts, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Samples of the new COVID-19 positive cases, including 52 returnees from other states were tested at Virus Research and Diagnostic Laboratories (VRDL) at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) and Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) in Imphal.
All the patients have now shifted to COVID-19 Care facilities for further observation.
- Wrestler Ravi Dahiya settles for silver after losing final to world champion Uguev
- Police in Bangladesh recovers Lord Vishnu’s black stone statue
- RS passes bill to amend Scheduled Tribe list relating to Arunachal
- NPF is now ‘opposition-less’: Nagaland deputy CM Y Patton
- Sikkim reports 184 new COVID-19 cases, 2 fatalities
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for August 5