Imphal: With 23 more returnees, including 18 women, from other states tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday. The total confirmed cases in Manipur has risen to 921.
As per health officials, eight more persons undergoing treatment have recovered and were discharged from COVID-19 Care Center at UNACCO School at Meitram in Imphal East.
The total active cases in the state stands at 663, and 258 have recovered.
Currently, the recovery rate in Manipur is 28.01 per cent, says additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Of the 23 new cases, 11 persons are from Senapati, six from Imphal West, two each from Chandel and Kangpokpi, and one each from Churachandpur and Kakching districts.
A total of 16 samples were tested for the virus at Virus Research and Diagnostic Laboratories (VRDLs) at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) and the remaining seven samples were tested at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) in Imphal. They are now being shifted to COVID-19 Care facilities for further observation.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19