Surmounting all challenges, the Indian Army completed the construction of a Composite Bridge at the blow out site of Well Number 5 in Baghjan Oil Field on 22 June 2020.
Oil India Limited on 14 June through the Civil Administration had requisitioned assistance of Indian Army for construction of the bridge at the incident site.
The execution of this engineering feat was a challenging task that involved mobilisation of 233 metric tons of bridging stores over 400 kilometres. 150 specially trained troops of Army undertook the task for construction under extremely risky and hazardous conditions in the vicinity of the raging fire with working temperatures exceeding 75 degrees Celsius.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border