Guwahati: Amid rising concerns of a substantial number of COVID-19 cases in Guwahati without any travel history, Assam state disaster management authority has enforced total lockdown in 11 wards under Kamrup (metropolitan) district on Tuesday.
This comes a day after state health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said that the department has suggested a ward wise lockdown.
The lockdown will be effective from 9 pm today until further notice in Ward no 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (partial), 15 and 16 of Guwahati Municipal Corporation, said an order.
The area covered in each of the ward is as specified in the notification below:
As per the order, all movement of individual, public transport and private vehicles is prohibited in the specified areeas. Business establishments, offices- government and private, shops, hospitality services and places of worship shall remain closed.
However, shops selling essential commodities, hospitals, medical establishments, delivery of essential goods, petrol pump are allowed to operate.
In case of a funeral, no more than 20 people are permitted.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing