Guwahati: Amid rising concerns of a substantial number of COVID-19 cases in Guwahati without any travel history, Assam state disaster management authority has enforced total lockdown in 11 wards under Kamrup (metropolitan) district on Tuesday.
This comes a day after state health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said that the department has suggested a ward wise lockdown.
The lockdown will be effective from 9 pm today until further notice in Ward no 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (partial), 15 and 16 of Guwahati Municipal Corporation, said an order.
Also Read: Patanjali Coronakit claims to cure COVID-19 in 7 days
The area covered in each of the ward is as specified in the notification below:
As per the order, all movement of individual, public transport and private vehicles is prohibited in the specified areeas. Business establishments, offices- government and private, shops, hospitality services and places of worship shall remain closed.
However, shops selling essential commodities, hospitals, medical establishments, delivery of essential goods, petrol pump are allowed to operate.
In case of a funeral, no more than 20 people are permitted.
Also Read: Fake plasma doner arrested for duping Delhi assembly speaker
- Resilient gorillas reveal clues about overcoming childhood misfortune
- Dalai Lama congratulates Turkiye President Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- Assam: Massive fire breaks out at Numaligarh refinery
- Meghalaya: Panel propose all-party stand on Roster system
- Guwahati: Panel to probe accident that killed 7 engineering students
- Tribal bodies demand President’s Rule in violence-hit Manipur