Guwahati: A total of 267 new cases of COVID-19 were detected in Assam on June 22 taking the total tally of COVID-19 cases to 5,853.
Taking to Twitter, Assam’s health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma informed about the new cases. However, he did not specify the locations in his tweet which stated,
“Alert ~ 267 new #COVID19+ cases reported in Assam today
Total cases 5853
Active cases 2776
11:50 PM/June 22/Day’s total 267”
In an encouraging achievement, Assam has successfully conducted 3,01,557 COVID-19 tests as on Monday, informed state health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma. Further, Assam’s per million testing capacity now stands at 8,229, which is among the top 6 states.
44 people were discharged after testing negetive from various parts of the state.
44 more patients have been discharged
B’gaon DH 15; Dhubri DH 8; M’jhar MH 7; MMCH 6; J’howkha MH 3; B’bandha MH 2; Chirang DH 2; K’khuri MH 1
Total Discharged Patients – 3565
Active Patients – 2009
9:50 PM/June 22/Day’s total 161”
Although Assam is maintaining the majority numbers in discharged patients, the city of Guwahati will soon be undergoing ward-wise lockdown as a total of 114 COVID-19 cases with no travel history were detected in just the last two days..
As part of ongoing efforts to determine and rule out community transmission in Guwahati, the health department had set up 12 screening centres across the city, including 2 at GMCH and MMCH.
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister
- Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam
- Sikkim reports 32 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 31,900