Guwahati: In an encouraging achievement, Assam has successfully conducted 3,01,557 COVID-19 tests as on Monday, informed state health minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma.
When Assam had completed 2 lakh tests on June 13, the minister, during a press conference had set a target of completing 3 lakh tests by the month end. However, in just 9 days, the state met the target.
Further, Assam’s per million testing capacity now stands at 8,229, which is among top 6 states, informed Sarma during a press conference today.
Taking to Twitter, he the health minister wrote, “I take pride in sharing a BIG accomplishment of my team in Health Department and @nhm_assam
~ Assam has reached a record 3 lakh #COVID19 testing. Out testing count stands at 301557 on June 22.
We value your help and support to our dedicated personnel.”
On Sunday, Assam reported the biggest single-day spike of 331 cases. Prior to this, the highest was 285 cases on June 4.
Sharma said that on June 4, Assam was conducting 7,000-8,000 tests daily, and now it is conducting almost 15,000 tests per day. “If we correlated number of tests and positive cases, then there is no reason for panic,” added the minister.
The state has so far reported 5586 cases, of which 2053 are active, 3521 discharged, 9 deaths and 3 migrated to other states.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border