Guwahati: Altogether 43 new cases of COVID-19 positive were detected in Assam, taking the state tally to 4,904 cases on Thursday night which includes the first COVID-19 positive cases from Majuli. One of the COVID-19 positive case was tested positive after he returned from Chennai.
Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma informed that of the new cases, 20 are from Kamrup (M), eight from Nagaon, six from Udalguri, three both from Cachar and Majuli, two from Sonitpur and one from Lakhimpur.
Sarma wrote on Twitter,
“Alert ~ 43 new #COVID19+ cases recorded in Assam-
20 Kamrup(M), 8 Nagaon, 6 Udalguri, 3 Cachar, 3 Majuli, 2 Sonitpur, 1 Lakhimpur
Total cases 4904
Active cases 2044
11:40 PM/June 18/Day’s total 210”
Additionally 194 patients were discharged on Wednesday as told by Sarma who were discharged from various civil, district and model hospitals in Assam after being tested negative for COVID-19.
Assam has reported 4,904 COVID-19 cases so far. Of this, while 2,848 patients have been discharged, nine have died and three migrated to other states. Currently, there are 2,044 active cases.
According to Sarma, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases detected in Assam on Thursday was 210.
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31
- Manipur: Two suspects arrested in Athuan Abonmai murder case
- Kanhaiya Kumar joins Congress
- Carelessness? 30 test COVID-19 positive at Sikkim nursing college