Kohima: The Assam Rifles reportedly apprehended three persons in a drug peddling case in Kohima as part of its ongoing crackdown to prevent illegal activities.
An update from the PRO IGAR (North) said that the troops of Assam Rifles apprehended the three — identified as Neikuo Tungoe (30) a resident of lower T Khel, Seyiekhrielie Zao (33) a resident of Jail Colony and Theja Mere (31) resident of Lower Bayavu Hill — all under Kohima District.
The three drug peddlers were held near Chedema village under Kohima District of Nagaland on Tuesday.
One Point 22 mm Pistol, two Point 22 mm rounds of ammunition and approximately 15 gm of brown sugar amounting to Rs 1,50,000 were seized from their possession.
The apprehended persons along with recovered items have been handed over to North Police Station, Kohima for further investigations.
A police source told EastMojo that a case has been registered in this regard under the NDPS Act and Arms Act.
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes
- NASA just brought back the largest-ever asteroid sample
- Manipur: Wife of man arrested by NIA says he is wrongly implicated