Imphal: Another 54 returnees from other states tested positive for COVID-19 in Manipur on Thursday, taking the total number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus to 606.
Meanwhile, seven more patients have recovered and were discharged from COVID-19 care facility at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) after they were found free from the virus on RT PCR test. With this, the total number of recovered patients has increased to 199, and active cases now stand at 407.
The overall recovery rate in the state has increased to 32.83%, said a senior health official.
Of the latest 54 cases, which comprises of 34 women and 20 men, 26 persons are from Pherzawl, 21 from Senapati and the remaining seven from Churachandpur district, as per a statement issued by the COVID-19 Common Control Room on Thursday.
All the patients are being shifted to the COVID-19 care facilities in Imphal for further treatment.
As per the official statement, all the returnees coming by road are allowed to enter the state till 4 pm from Mao Gate in Senapati district, wherein from Jiribam, the gate opens till 12 pm.
In case the vehicle has persons of different districts and there is no vehicle arrangement beyond Imphal, the vehicle and the passengers will report to Modern College screening center at Porompat in Imphal, it said.
In terms of flight passengers, the returnees are being ask to report at HRD Academy in Ghari and those passengers will be grouped as district-wise to transport to their respective districts.
- Assam Police introduces helpline for Arunachal travellers, vehicles
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest