Imphal: Manipur health minister L Jayantakumar Singh on Tuesday informed that the newly functional COVID-19 care centre at UNACCO School at Meitram in Imphal East has been upgraded to a 253 bedded facility from the earlier 100. Another 47 beds will be added to increase the total capacity to 300 beds.
Initially, the government planned to set up the COVID-19 care centre at UNACCO School with only a 100 beds, he said. Currently, COVID-19 patients with mild and very mild symptom have are admitted at this centre.
The health minister said that two more ambulances have procured by the National Health Mission (NHM) Manipur to meet the immediate requirement. One ambulance will be placed at the chief medical office in Bishnupur district and another one at the medical directorate office at Lamphelpat in Imphal.
The health minister distributed five vehicles on Tuesday. One each to Pherzawl, Jiribam, Noney, Kakching and Tengnoupal for transporting people who have returned home from the various parts of the country amid COVID-19 pandemic lockdown.
Transport vehicles have also been given to other districts on a priority basis, he added.
Jayantakumar has appealed to the public to remain calm during this period and sincerely adhere to the guidelines laid down by the government to control COVID-19.
“The state government is putting an all-out effort to provide the necessities of the people and also to contain the pandemic,” he added.
- SW monsoon withdraws from India, 7th-most delayed retreat since ’75
- IIT-Guwahati working on generating hydrogen from water using sunlight
- Incredible to have Bollywood, dance sequence in Marvel movie: Filmmaker Chloe Zhao
- Two NE women, auto driver injured resisting snatching bid in Delhi
- No shortage of power in country, says power minister R K Singh
- Past and present India cricketers back Shami after pacer faces online abuse