Guwahati: Delhi’s Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) MLA Atishi Marlena Singh tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday, becoming the third legislator from her party to get infected with the highly contagious virus.
Representing Kalkaji constituency in South Delhi, Atishi complained of mild fever and cough on Tuesday, following which she was tested positive for coronavirus. The other two AAP MLAs who were found COVID positive are Vishesh Ravi of Karol Bagh constituency and Rajkumar Anand of Patel Nagar constituency.
Earlier in the day, Delhi’s health minister Satyender Jain tested again for the contagious disease after being brought to the Rajiv Gandhi Super Speciality Hospital (RGSSH) late on Tuesday night. He tested negative, and will be tested again on Thursday.
Last week, AAP chief and Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal tested negative for COVID-19 after reporting of the virus like symptoms.
Atishi gave her sample for the test on Tuesday, and her results came out on Wednesday showing her positive. She is showing mild symptoms of the virus and is currently in home quarantine.
Kejriwal, wishing for her speedy recovery, tweeted, “Atishi-ji has played an important role in the fight against the coronavirus. I hope that she will be healthy as soon as possible”.
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA