Guwahati: Altogether 95 new cases of COVID-19 positive were detected in Assam, taking the state tally to 4,605 cases on Wednesday.
Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma informed that of the new cases, 21 are from Jorhat district, 20 from Golaghat, 12 from Hailakandi, six each from Kamrup and Dibrugarh, seven from Karbi Anglong, four each from Dehmaji, Barpeta and Cachar, three from Bongaigaon, two from Nagaon, Udalguri and TBA and one each from Dima Hasao and Sonitpur.
Sarma wrote on Twitter,
“Alert ~ 95 new #COVID19+ cases-
21 Jorhat, 20 G’ghat, 12 H’kandi, 6 D’garh, 6 Kamrup, 7 K Anglong, 4 Dhemaji, 4 Barpeta, 4 Cachar, 3 B’gaon, 2 Nagaon, 2 U’guri, 1 D’Hasao, 1 S’pur, 2 TBA
Total cases 4605
Active cases 2183
June 17/Day’s total 95″
Assam has reported 4,605 COVID-19 cases so far. Of this, while 2,411 patients have been discharged, eight have died and three migrated to other states. Currently, there are 2,183 active cases.
According to Sarma, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases detected in Assam on Tuesday was 201.
- No visible sign of spending of Centre’s package for tea workers: TMC union
- Odisha health minister shot at by cop in Jharsuguda dist, accused held
- Assam govt to make docu on Patharughat peasant uprising: CM
- New Songs Sunday: Pray It Away, You Only Love Me & more
- NGT refrains from imposing Rs 1,000 crore fine on Assam
- State to file review petition in SC to expunge ‘foreigner’ tag on Sikkimese Nepali