Guwahati: Altogether 95 new cases of COVID-19 positive were detected in Assam, taking the state tally to 4,605 cases on Wednesday.
Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma informed that of the new cases, 21 are from Jorhat district, 20 from Golaghat, 12 from Hailakandi, six each from Kamrup and Dibrugarh, seven from Karbi Anglong, four each from Dehmaji, Barpeta and Cachar, three from Bongaigaon, two from Nagaon, Udalguri and TBA and one each from Dima Hasao and Sonitpur.
Sarma wrote on Twitter,
“Alert ~ 95 new #COVID19+ cases-
21 Jorhat, 20 G’ghat, 12 H’kandi, 6 D’garh, 6 Kamrup, 7 K Anglong, 4 Dhemaji, 4 Barpeta, 4 Cachar, 3 B’gaon, 2 Nagaon, 2 U’guri, 1 D’Hasao, 1 S’pur, 2 TBA
Total cases 4605
Active cases 2183
June 17/Day’s total 95”
Assam has reported 4,605 COVID-19 cases so far. Of this, while 2,411 patients have been discharged, eight have died and three migrated to other states. Currently, there are 2,183 active cases.
According to Sarma, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases detected in Assam on Tuesday was 201.
- Meghalaya organisation writes to CM, urges action on fuel prices
- Russia’s daily Covid-19 death toll passes 1,000
- Man arrested for selling church property worth more than Rs 50 crore
- Watch: What made this Assam teacher bow down before students?
- Singhu border lynching: Victim’s family says he was ‘god-fearing’
- NE records 4- 5°C higher than usual, weather likely to improve in next 24 hrs