New Delhi: In a significant development, an officer of the Indian Army and two of its soldiers have been killed during a ‘violent face-off’ with the Chinese army at the at the Galwan Valley, along the contested Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh on Monday night.
“The loss of lives on the Indian side includes an officer and two soldiers. Senior military officials of the two sides are currently meeting at the venue to defuse the situation,” said a statement by the army.
Army delegations from India and China on Monday held discssions along the contested LAC in eastern Ladakh to break the stalemate that began with a confrontation between rival patrol parties near Pangong Tso on the night of May 5-6, Army sources said.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31