New Delhi: Two days after attending a meeting where Union home minister Amit Shah and state chief minister Arvind Kejriwal were also present, Delhi health minister Satyendar Jain has been admitted to Rajiv Gandhi Super Specialty Hospital here on Tuesday morning due to high fever and breathing trouble.
Announcing this on Tuesday morning through his Twitter, the 55-year-old AAP leader wrote: “Due to high grade fever and a sudden drop of my oxygen levels last night I have been admitted to RGSSH. Will keep everyone updated (sic)”
Responding to this, Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal tweeted “You kept serving the public 24*7 without taking care of yourself. Please take care of your health and get well soon.”
Last week, Arvind Kejriwal had tested negative for coronavirus after he went into self-isolation at his home. He had a bout of fever and throat pain.
Meanwhile, India on Tuesday reported 10,667 new cases and 380 deaths, taking the nation’s tally to 3,43,091. The overall toll stands at 9,900.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold discussions with the heads of 21 states and union territories at 3 pm on Tuesday as cases in India continue to rise. This will be part of this two-day consultation with the states. On Monday, Union home minister Amit Shah had chaired an all-party meeting.
Meanwhile, United States’ drug regulator, the Food and Drug Administration, on Monday revoked the authorization of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine. The FDA said the drugs, which were promoted by US President Donald Trump, are “unlikely to be effective”.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence