Guwahati: Another 188 COVID-19 patients got discharged in Assam on Tuesday afternoon, taking the total number of cured patients to 2393. The state, for the first time, recorded more cured patients than active patients.
The total number of active patients stands at 1913. The patients got discharged after they tested negative twice for the virus.
An elated health minister, Himanta Biswa Sarma has informed that the latest 188 discharged patients were from various civil, district and model hospitals in Assam with happy emoticons in the tweet.
Informing about the development, Assam health and family welfare minister took to Twitter to write,
Glad to share that 188 patients have been discharged today from various civil, dist & model hospitals in Assam, after being tested negative
Total Discharged Patients – 2393
Active Patients – 1913
5:50 PM/ June 16/ Day’s total 188
Also Read: PM Modi asks CMs to ensure 100% use of masks
The state has so far reported 4,319 cases of which, 1,915 are active, 2,393 cured, eight died and three migrated to other states and 10 new cases of COVID-19 positive were detected on Tuesday noon (June 16).
- What happens if you need to pee while you’re asleep?
- Drivers in Mizoram repair dilapidated roads
- Keeping your cool in a warming world: 8 steps to help manage eco-anxiety
- Assam: RGU celebrates International Peace Day
- Meghalaya: Drugs worth Rs 2 crore seized in Shillong
- Ziro Festival to host Israeli musicians in collaboration with Embassy of Israel